Build Your Own Drone Electronics Kit
Our DIY Drone Kit is designed for beginner hobbyists to learn basic electronics. All the basic parts needed to build and fly a quad-rotor drone are included.
- Learn to build and fly a quad-rotor drone with this starter kit.
- Includes all the basic parts you need: circuit board, motors, hardware and more.
- Once built, you can fly your drone from up to 64 ft. away with the 2.4GHz remote control.
- Fly in beginner or advanced mode depending on your flight skill level.
- Performs awesome 360° flip stunts.
- Up to 5 minutes of flight time with the included rechargeable Li-Po battery.
- Drone measures approximately 3.5 inches diagonally (rotor-to-rotor).
- Recommended for children and adults ages 14 and up.
Optional bundle (Cat No. 9900104) includes the DIY Drone Kit along with 4 AAA batteries, 8 extra propellers, an extra Li-Po battery, and an extra USB charging cable.
|Printed Circuit Board (PCB)||1|
|3.7V 250mAh Lithium Polymer Battery||1|
|Top Drone Body Cover||1|
|Bottom Drone Body Cover||1|
|Motor 1 (Red/Black Wires)||3|
|Motor 2 (White/Black Wires)||2|
|Red LED (LED1)||1|
|White/Green LED (LED2)||4|
|1.2 x 4mm Screws||16|
|Propellers A - Red||2|
|Propellers A - Black||2|
|Propellers B - Red||2|
|Propellers B - Black||2|
|USB Charging Cable||1|
|2.4GHz Remote Control||1|
|User's Guide & Instruction Manual||1|
To complete this build, you will need the following tools not included with your kit:
- Phillips screwdriver — we recommend our 6-Piece Precision Electronics Screwdriver Set (catalog #: 6400188).
- Soldering iron — choose any RadioShack soldering irons.
- 2 AAA batteries for the controller (not included) — try our top-rated AAA alkaline batteries.
- Solder — any of our lead-free or standard 60/40 solder. We recommend our catalog no. 6400017.
Need a crash pack? Includes extra blades, a battery, and a charger. Get it here!
⚠️ WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years of age.
WARNING: This kit contains electronic components that may contain hazardous substance and may be harmful if misused. This activity is not intended for children under the age of 12. Not to be used by children except under adult supervision. Wash hands after soldering.