Includes everything you need to solder. Makes this the ideal for a beginner as a starter kit or as perfect travel companion for a repair tech.
- Establish a beginner workstation for basic soldering projects with this 20W soldering iron, swappable tips and cleaning materials.
- UL listed -- UL has tested representative samples of this product and determined that it meets UL's requirements.
This kit contains over 10 pieces, including:
- 20W miniature soldering iron with ergonomic cool-comfort grip.
- Rosin-core solder (60% tin, 40% lead).
- Cone, chisel and fine-point tips.
- Desoldering vacuum pump.
- 2.5mm desoldering braid.
- Heavy-duty soldering iron holder and cleaner.
- 2 cleaning sponges.
How to solder
- Thoroughly clean parts to be soldered.
- Use solder sparingly. Excess can spread to other connections and cause a short circuit.
- Tin the tip by plugging in the iron and letting it heat fully (about three minutes). Rub solder on all its tapered surfaces until the tip is completely coated. Wipe off excess solder with a soft, moist cloth or sponge (or you can use a tip tinner / cleaner compound such as catalog no. 6400020)
- Before soldering, tin the wire by heating it and letting a small amount of solder flow onto it.
- Apply the tapered surface of the tip (not its point) to the joint to be soldered. Then apply solder to the heated joint. Do not let solder flow onto the joint by melting the solder on the tip of the iron.
- Work only in a dry area that is free from flammable materials.
- Do not attempt to touch the tip of a hot soldering iron or remove solder from its surface with your hands.
- When not in use, always place the soldering iron on a safety stand.
- Store the soldering iron in a dry, secure place where children cannot reach it.
WARNING: Keep away from children. Contains leads. Do not breathe fumes. May cause dizziness, headaches, irritation or allergic reaction. Use only with adequate ventilation. Use NIOSH approved respiratory protection when necessary. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after use. INGESTION: Call physician or emergency number immediately. SKIN: Cool burns with water and apply first aid; for rash, remove from exposure. EYES: For burns, flush with a cool water and consult physician; for fume irritation, remove from exposure. INHALATION: Remove to fresh air; for breathing difficulties, consult with physician. For medical emergencies, call Poison Control at (303) 623-5716.
WARNING: This product, when used for soldering and similar applications, produces chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects (or other reproductive harm).