Our Build-a-Drone Kit is designed for beginner hobbyists to learn basic electronics. All the parts you need to build your own 4" quad-rotor remote-control drone -- and fly it!
- Learn to build and fly your own quad-rotor stunt drone.
- Includes all the basic parts you'll need: circuit board, motors, LED lights, hardware, and more.
- Included 2.4 GHz remote control with 64-foot range.
- Switch between slow and fast flight modes.
- Perform awesome 360° flip stunts.
- Automatic take-off and landing with the press of a button.
- Up to 5 minutes of flight time with the included rechargeable Li-Po battery.
- Drone measures approximately 3.5 inches diagonally (rotor-to-rotor).
- Recommended for children and adults ages 14 and up.
Optional bundle (Cat No. 9900104) includes the DIY Drone Kit along with 4 AAA batteries, 8 extra propellers, an extra Li-Po battery, and an extra USB charging cable.
|Printed Circuit Board (PCB)||1|
|3.7V 250mAh Lithium Polymer Battery||1|
|Top Drone Body Cover||1|
|Bottom Drone Body Cover||1|
|Motor 1 (Red/Black Wires)||3|
|Motor 2 (White/Black Wires)||2|
|Red LED (LED1)||1|
|White/Green LED (LED2)||4|
|1.2 x 4mm Screws||16|
|Propellers A - Red||2|
|Propellers A - Black||2|
|Propellers B - Red||2|
|Propellers B - Black||2|
|USB Charging Cable||1|
|2.4GHz Remote Control||1|
|User's Guide & Instruction Manual||1|
To complete this build, you will need the following tools not included with your kit:
- Phillips screwdriver — we recommend our 6-Piece Precision Electronics Screwdriver Set (catalog #: 6400188).
- Soldering iron — choose any RadioShack soldering irons.
- 2 AAA batteries for the controller (not included) — try our top-rated AAA alkaline batteries.
- Solder — any of our lead-free or standard 60/40 solder. We recommend our catalog no. 6400017.
Need a crash pack? Includes extra blades, a battery, and a charger. Get it here!
⚠️ WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years of age.
WARNING: This kit contains electronic components that may contain hazardous substance and may be harmful if misused. This activity is not intended for children under the age of 12. Not to be used by children except under adult supervision. Wash hands after soldering.
⚠️ WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.