Our RadioShack 60W digital soldering station takes the guesswork out of the temperature equation.
- Temperature dial allows for precise settings ranging from 302ºF to 842ºF (150ºC to 450ºC).
- Digital LCD display shows actual temperature and setting.
- Temperature display toggles between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- 3 temperature presets for common settings: 392ºF (200ºC), 680ºF (360ºC) and 788ºF (420ºC).
- Detachable iron with pencil-style tip.
- Includes cradle stand.
- Works with lead-free, rosin-core, lead-based or silver-bearing solder.
- Be prepared for any job, and stock up on a variety of solder, including rosin-core, lead-free, silver-bearing, clear flux and more.
- UL listed -- UL has tested representative samples of this product and determined that it meets UL's requirements.
- Replacement Soldering Tip (Catalog No. 6400303)
- Conical Soldering Tip (Catalog No. 6400304)
- 0.12 Chisel Soldering Tip (Catalog No. 6400306)
- Chisel Soldering Tip (Catalog No. 6400305)
- Needle Soldering Tip (Catalog No. 6400307)
- Thoroughly clean parts to be soldered.
- Use solder sparingly. Excess can spread to other connections and cause a short circuit.
- Tin the tip by plugging in the iron and letting it heat fully (about three minutes). Rub solder on all its tapered surfaces until the tip is completely coated. Wipe off excess solder with a soft, moist cloth or sponge (or you can use a tip tinner / cleaner compound such as catalog no. 6400020)
- Before soldering, tin the wire by heating it and letting a small amount of solder flow onto it.
- Apply the tapered surface of the tip (not its point) to the joint to be soldered. Then apply solder to the heated joint. Do not let solder flow onto the joint by melting the solder on the tip of the iron.
- Work only in a dry area that is free from flammable materials.
- Do not attempt to touch the tip of a hot soldering iron or remove solder from its surface with your hands.
- When not in use, always place the soldering iron on a safety stand.
- Store the soldering iron in a dry, secure place where children cannot reach it.
WARNING: This product, when used for soldering and similar applications, produces chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects (or other reproductive harm).