Drone Video Contest Official Rules
RADIOSHACK DRONE VIDEO SUBMISSION CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the RadioShack Drone Video Submission Contest (“Contest”) you (or, if a minor in your place of residence, your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules. Per Instagram Rules, we must mention this Contest is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram, Inc. By entering, entrants confirm they are 18 years of age or older, release Instagram of responsibility, and agree to Instagram's term of use.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or Employees of General Wireless Operations Inc. (“Sponsor”), and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Contest (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program), the respective affiliates of each of the above (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the household and immediate family members (parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- TIMING: This Contest begins on November 21st, 2016 and ends on Monday, December 5th, 2016 at 11:59PM (CST)(“Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must (1) Create a video featuring a RadioShack drone in flight, (2) Post the video to Instagram using the hashtag, #RadioShackDroneContest by Monday, December 5th, 2016 and (3) “Follow” @RadioShack on Instagram. Limit one (1) entry per person. The use of automated devices to enter this Contest is prohibited. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries or any computer, internet, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may
- WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES: On or around January 5th , Sponsor will select, in its sole discretion, five (5) five videos from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Each winner will receive five hundred dollars cash ($500.00). Limit one (1) prize per
- No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes related to a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. All other expenses not specified as part of prize description are solely the winner’s
- WINNERS: The winners will be notified through Instagram. Winners must complete, execute, and return an affidavit of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, publicity release, and tax documents, if applicable (the “Documents”) within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Notwithstanding the foregoing, winners are solely responsible for paying any and all applicable taxes related to this Contest regardless of whether Sponsor provides any tax documents to winner. Prizes will be shipped within 6-8 weeks following the successful completion of the Documents to the address provided by winner to Sponsor. Return of any Documents or prize as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. If notified winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize an alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor, time and circumstances
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Entrants further grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper names, states and likenesses, in print and in any other media in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winners’ names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without notice, review, approval or additional compensation unless prohibited by
- VIDEO CONTENT & OWNERSHIP. Entrants hereby grants and agrees to grant to Sponsor all right, title, and interest to the video, including any content therein (the “Video”). Sponsor may use, reproduce, edit, adapt, translate, digitize, exhibit, publish, transmit, distribute, create derivative works based on and perform and display (publicly or otherwise) the Video, whether in original or derivative form, whether for commercial or non-commercial use, in any manner whatsoever, in its sole discretion. Entrants waive any and all rights to payment, reimbursement, royalty, or any other form of compensation related to the Video. Entrants represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Video entered into the Contest or otherwise have the right to grant the rights set forth in these Terms; (ii) the posting and use of your Video entered into the Contest does not violate, misappropriate or infringe on the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark and/or other intellectual property rights; (iii) you agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed by reason of the Video you enter into the Contest; and (iv) you have the legal right and capacity to enter into these Terms.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided with the entry by the Sponsor for the purposes of the administration of this Contest. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Texas, and entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the State of Texas for any disputes arising out of this Contest. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-
part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Contest without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
- INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest. In any such event, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, will select the winner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, suspension or The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram Account submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an account by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning accounts for the domain associated with the submitted account.
- USE OF DATA: Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with the General Wireless Operations Inc. (d/b/a RadioShack) Privacy Notice, which is located at https://www.radioshack.com/pages/privacy-policy. Please note that by entering, you are accepting these Official Rules and the terms of the Privacy Notice. Entrants’ data will be used by the Released Parties and their representatives, employees, or third-party vendors for the use and purposes to execute the Contest as provided in these Official Rules.
- WINNERS LIST: The names and/or other information identified in Section 6 (above) of prize winners will be contacted on or around January 5th, 2016.
- SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by General Wireless Operations Inc. d/b/a RadioShack, 300 RadioShack Circle, Fort Worth, Texas
- ADMINISTRATOR: This Contest is administered by General Wireless Operations Inc.