California Recycling Fee
Beginning January 1, 2005, sales of certain video display devices with a screen measuring at least four inches diagonally are subject to an electronic waste recycling fee imposed by the State of California. If an order is sold or shipped to California, this fee will be charged on the following covered electronic devices:
- Televisions that contain cathode ray tubes, liquid crystal displays, or plasma displays
- Computer monitors that contain cathode ray tubes or use liquid crystal displays
- Laptop computers with liquid crystal displays
- "Bare" cathode ray tubes or any other product that uses a cathode ray tube
- Portable DVD players with liquid crystal displays
The fee charged is based on the viewable screen size, measured diagonally. The fee is not subject to California sales tax. Sales for resale are not subject to the fee, provided you supply a properly completed California resale certificate at the time the order is faxed or mailed.